Walking Works Summer 2014 - Registration begins on or after 4 pm, Monday, June 9, 2014. All employees need to registered. Your previous profile was deleted from the program.
Thank you for participating in the Summer 2014 Walking Works Kickoff Event at the Fisher Cats Stadium sponsored by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Now it is time to "Step up to the WalkingWorks challenge". Sign up begins on Monday, June 9, 2014.
First participants will win a fitbit! (Those who won fitbits last year are excluded)
To sign up go to www.walkingworks.com
Guide to the New WalkingWorks Website
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)Q: If I participated in a Walking Works initiative in the past, do I need to reregister?
A: No - just start walking and log your results at www.walkingworks.com
.Q: How do I sign up if this is my first time participating in a Walking Works Initiative?
A: To register, go to www.walkingworks.com and click on the “Sign Up” link.
Q: What if participants do not know how to use the website?
- A screen will appear asking if you are participating in Walking Works as part of a group—click “Yes.”
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of groups. Highlight Anthem BC/BS followed by Manchester School District, Wellness Matters, and Wellness Matters.
- Continuing on the same screen, fill out the registration form by typing your name, e-mail, password, age group, participation level. Where it asks for your work zip code, please CLICK HERE for the school zip code conversion chart to select your corresponding school number, exp: Administration=00080.
- Next, confirm your personal information.
- Once you sign up for WalkingWorks, you’ll receive a FREE Participant Guide with instructions for tracking your activity. You'll also receive regular e-mail reminders and tips, and you'll be able to track your personal statistics on the Web site.
A: Please view the PARTICIPANT GUIDE
for information on how to track your weekly and monthly progress.
Q: What is I am doing something other than walking? How can I convert my activities to steps?
A: There are new activities other than “walking” that have been added. Below is a chart of the new activities and their conversions:
2000 steps/ 15 minutes
181 steps per minute
170 steps per minute
109 steps per minute
172 steps per minute
212 steps per minute
178 steps per minute
174 steps per minute
45 steps per minute
*Source: Purdue University, Healthy Planet http://www.purdue.edu/walktothemoon/activities.html
Q: What if I have additional questions?